This year’s Equality Parade will begin at 11 a.m. on Saturday, June 16, 2018 in Downtown Anchorage.
Attendants,please click hereto see the parade route and details on where you can stand and cheer!
Pre-registered participants, please share the below with all of your group’s participants:
– Each group’s Marshal must be checked in at the check-in table at the four corners of F street and Eighth Ave no later than 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, June 24. (An Identity rep will be there at 9:30am with a table set up and a sign, letting you know that you are in the correct place).
– When you check in, you will receive a colored piece of paper with your groups number on it. (this number corresponds to the bio that your group provided to us when you registered.) This will be read byDaphne as you go by her. Please do not tear this up, or attach it to your vehicle/stroller/wheelchair/ bike etc. This colored piece of paper must be held up, by the Marshal, in front of your group, as you come around the corner of 7th Ave to where Daphne and her beautiful wife are!
– Have your complete group/vehicle/float staged at your identified starting point by 10:45 am on the 24th. (Please, keep your group together and as tight as you can towards the sidewalk, until we get the six vehicles into place.)
– We will have several entries this year and only one hour to get you all from the starting point at F Street and Ninth Avenue to the Park Strip. Do not fret, we have a plan!
– The parade must begin promptly at 11:00am
A few reminders:
· Group Marshals need to be checked in by 10:30am
· Groups should be in place by 10:45am
· Be patient and listen to Parade Marshal instructions
· DO NOT ENGAGE with protesters
· Do not THROW candy or nik-naks out to the crowd (you can hand them out, or let them choose something–we don’t want any busted lips)
· All vehicles need to have a charged (serviceable), ABC rated, fire extinguisher in the vehicle
· Drivers need to have drivers license, registration, and proof of insurance for that vehicle with them the day of parade
· No alcohol, drugs, weapons, marijuana or cigarettes will be allowed on the parade route. If we see it, we will have to ask your group to depart the parade. (this is for everyone’s safety)
· Dress for the weather (you know it could be sunny on 9th Ave and raining on 8th Ave!)
· Please remember, this is a family friendly event, we will have young impressionable minds watching us! Let’s set a good example for our youth!
· Come out and plan to have fun!!!!!